Sunday, August 24, 2014

Hey Everybody!

Holy cow I cant believe i have been out here for almost 3 weeks, time flies.I love getting letters so keep writing me and tell others to as well! haha! I am doing great, my spanish is coming along and I really do love it here. I have been teaching tons of lessons and just preparing for the field the best I can. I didn't get your package today which i was sad about but i am wondering if you got my letter that i sent?

To answer some of your questions, Yes i am keeping warm at night and am actually able to fall asleep at 10:30 which is amazing. My companion is good, like i said we don't have really anything in common but he's a pretty good guy. I love my district, its amazing how close we have come in only 3 weeks. Its going to be really hard to say goodbye but i am grateful for the time i get to spend with them, we have pretty much become a family. My spanish is getting better, i still have a lot to learn but i can somewhat carry a conversation about the gospel! haha. We have a bookstore on campus that sells everything, so i have bought a few treats from there and some other stuff. Last week on P-day we went to Brighams Landing and ate at the burger place there as well as got a Jamba Juice which was amazing because the food here is good but it messes with your insides if you know what i'm saying! hahah. I hope shanda gets feeling better and fez and ian good luck on your farewells this sunday, you will be amazing.

This week has been pretty cool me and Elder Mclehaney (another elder in my district) had a few hand stand contests which was sick. But last night we were having one outside and it was raining really hard and i slipped and scraped up my arm and got blood stains on my sleeve. But don't worry i was able to get the stain out. So yeah you could pretty much say im a beast at laundry and stain removal. haha. Oh speaking of laundry we woke up at 4 am this morning to do laundry which was crazy but we got it done and now we have a ton of free time today. The days in the MTC are all very similar we wake up, eat breakfast, then class, then gym, then lunch, then class again, then dinner, then class again, then mail, then bed, repeat. But i love it im learning tons and actually having fun. We have been able to go to the temple 3 times which is awesome. Its really cool to see what different temples look like. oh and if you could get me that email list asap that would be great. So get this we got a new district last week and half of the elders in the district are heading to bahia blanca argentina haha. I told them to look out for elder taysom when they get out there. Its crazy because that district is in the same zone as us and we see them everyday.

Ive seen Taylor Houston, Gabe Suttner, and Jake Anderson while ive been here, those are the only ones from DHHS but it was great to see them and they are doing really well. We get to have gym everyday for an hour which is nice because if not i think i would go insane. Tell koby and kaler good luck with soccer and tell kob thanks for the tool pic. It was legendary. haha. Thanks for all that you have done for me and for helping me prepare. I know this gospel is true and that when we have the spirit to be with us anything is possible. I love you all so much! Keep writing me!

Love, Elder Imlay



No comments:

Post a Comment